Injustice and evil that exists in the society, Saba Qamar talks about Cheekh
Though brilliant, the teasers didn't reveal much about the storyline of drama. It wasn't until after the first episode was released that the actual plot of drama was revealed.
The first episode of Cheekh was something of an amalgam of extraordinary, mediocrity and surprise. It began like any other drama, the establishment, and introduction of the cast wasn't that subtle and at times there were hints of over-acting. The story proceeds and just when we became familiar with characters and started enjoying the drama, it took the most surprising, dark turn and left us shocked. The ending was so powerful, so tragic that we couldn't move for a good two minutes.
Though we were already in love with Manat's Chulbuly Harkat, her caring and loving nature in the beginning of the first episode, the tragic ending made us realize that we still have to see the best of Saba. Is she going to get to the bottom of Nayab's death? Is she going to fight for justice? Is she going to emerge as a hero we always wanted?
Saba was kind enough to answer some of these questions. According to her Cheekh is all about the injustice that exists in the society and the ill practice of suppressing the voices of reason. "Cheekh will give everyone the courage, power, and determination to speak up for themselves and stand up against injustice," she said.
The drama isn't particularly about misogyny, as was predicted by many, and doesn't just encourages women to stand up. There are different aspects to it - misogyny being one. Cheekh so beautifully covers all the parallels of injustice that exists in the society and doesn't discriminate on the basis of gender or power.
Although all the characters in Cheekh are equally powerful and important, Saba's character is most intriguing. To go from a Hunsmukh larki and become a advocate for what's morally right is nothing short of a challenge. We're excited to see how our Baghi girl complete this emotionally exhausting journey and what turn the drama takes now.
- UN body sees end of polio in Pakistan by 202310:32 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan wants to recreate this scene with Shah Rukh Khan!10:07 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Army chief Gen (r) Bajwa watches PAKvENG Test at ...09:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- BTS member Jin reveals his biggest wish on his birthday06:25 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022