Faiz Ahmed Faiz remembered on his 36th death anniversary
Islamabad: Today marks 36 years ever since the legendary poet and writer Faiz Ahmed Faiz left us.
Faiz Ahmed Faiz was a poet with a special and unique identity. He was born in Sialkot in 1911 and received his early education from Church Mission School and Masters in English and Arabic from Government College, Lahore.
Faiz Ahmed Faiz’s literary work and poetry had its influence on Urdu literature all over the world. He was fluent in six languages, including Russian and Persian. He wrote eight books and several collections of columns. While being the student of Patras Bukhari (another famous being in Urdu Literature), he published his first collection of poetry – ‘Naqsh – e- Faryadi’ in 1939.
Faiz Ahmed Faiz did not lead a comfortable life. He remained imprisoned for four years in the Rawalpindi conspiracy case and was labeled as a poet of revolution for rebelling against outdated traditions. In his poetry, Faiz Ahmed Faiz raised his voice for the poor and especially the working class.
They also had to endure the hardships of imprisonment because of their ideology. He was nominated for four Nobel Prizes. He was awarded the Lenin Prize, the Nishan – e – Imtiaz, and the Nigar Award.
- AirSial's first Airbus reaches Karachi airport (VIDEO)06:20 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Gilgit Baltistan Assembly to elect leader of the House on Monday05:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 43 new deaths, 2829 fresh cases of COVID-1904:49 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 in Pakistan: These five cities contributing 70% of total ...04:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020