Kaka, Figo land in Pakistan for World Soccer Stars 2019
KARACHI — Brazilian and Portuguese footballers Ricardo Kaka and Luís Figo landed in Pakistan Thursday to kick off the World Soccer Stars (WSS) 2019.
The two former Real Madrid superstars landed at Karachi's Jinnah International Airport and were welcomed with the traditional Sindhi Ajrak and Topi.
The star soccer duo will make a special appearance at Karachi's Pearl Continental and Lahore's Packages Mall.
In a Twitter post on Wednesday, Kaka had said he was looking forward to spending a few days in the South Asian country.
Hello Pakistan! I’m on my way. Looking forward to spend a few days with you guys.— Kaka (@KAKA) January 9, 2019
Meanwhile, Portugal's legendary footballer Figo said, “It’s exciting to see another emerging country in Asia embrace football. I’m certain in a population of 220 million there must be huge potential waiting to emerge into the international scene.”
During their much-anticipated visit, the former football icons will promote World Soccer Stars which is organised to promote the sport in Pakistan.
The administrative body of WSS has announced to conduct two matches in Karachi and Lahore. The event will be held between April 26 and April 29.
Kaka, a superb attacking midfielder from Sao Paulo, played 92 matches for Brazil during his illustrious career from 2002 to 2016. Kaka was only 20 when he was inducted into Brazil’s 2002 World Cup squad which won the title.
Figo, the 46-year-old former winger, played 127 matches during his impressive career from 1991-2006. He scored 32 goals. During his professional career (1989-2009) he played 577 matches and scored 93 goals while representing Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter Milan, and Sporting CP.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020