US drone kills militants in Afghan district that was used to launch APS attacks
The drone strike targeted a militant compound in the Nazyan district, killing four suspected militants including Taliban leader Umar Naray, sources said.
Militants based in the Nazyan district had reportedly planned the devastating attack on the Army Public School in Peshawar, which left over 140 children and teachers dead and scores injured.
Pakistani security forces also carried out ground offensives in Khyber Agency, particularly the Tirah Valley of Bara which borders Nazyan.
Till 2014, the Nazyan district had reportedly been serving as a safe haven for the Mullah Fazllullah led Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP).
- PM Imran, CJP Gulzar take notice of mob attack on Hindu temple in RYK06:29 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Looking to upgrade your device on a budget? TECNO’s Spark 7 series ...05:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- 'Nothing to worry about,' FM Qureshi on not getting a call from US ...04:52 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Satellite imagery, financial data reveal construction of secret ...03:39 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Alizeh Shah and Ali Rehman Khan to star in upcoming drama03:20 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Barbie debuts dolls in honour of real-life pandemic heroes02:50 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Maya Ali’s new dance video takes internet by storm02:32 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021