ECP issues victory notification of senators-elect including Yousaf Raza Gilani
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan has issued notification of all the senators, including former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, elected in the polling held on March 3.
The Commission also issued notification of candidates returned uncontested against seven general seats, two each for women and technocrats, including Ulema from Punjab.
Earlier in the day, the ECP rejected a petition filed by the PTI to block the issuance of Yousaf Raza Gilani’s victory notification following a video emerged in which Gilani's son, Ali Haider Gilani, was filmed telling PTI lawmakers to waste their votes.
Gilani had served a major blow the government after he defeated PTI’s Abdul Hafeez Sheikh taking lead of five votes, cast by the PTI-controlled National Assembly.
PDM jointly nominates Yousaf Raza Gillani for ... 06:10 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), an alliance of major opposition parties, has nominated former ...
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Fire guts scores of stalls in Islamabad’s Sunday market09:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PM's son Suleman Shehbaz set to return home after four years in ...09:26 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022