PDM jointly nominates Yousaf Raza Gillani for Senate chairman race
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM), an alliance of major opposition parties, has nominated former prime minister Yousaf Raza Gillani as candidate for Senate chairman.
The decision was taken in the PDM’s meeting which was attended by PML-N vice president Maryam Nawaz, PPP chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and others.
A special committee on long march presented its suggestions during the meeting. It recommended that the long march should be started from Karachi on March 26, adding that all rallies would reach Islamabad on March 30.
Addressing the meeting, Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari said that the PPP was committed to the roadmap designed by the PDM, besides asserting that the PDM must win the Senate chairman election.
The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has picked Sadiq Sanjrani for the Senate chairmanship.
PM Imran nominates Sadiq Sanjrani for Senate ... 03:56 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
ISLAMABAD – A day after losing in the upper house poll, Prime Minister Imran Khan on Thursday announced incumbent ...
- Pakistan reports 5,499 new cases, 148 deaths amid Covid-19 surge09:09 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 April 202108:35 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021