Traders happy as Sindh announces to reopen markets
KARACHI - Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has announced to reopen the markets closed following the coronaviurs outbreak in the country.
The chief minister held a special meeting with traders to discuss the matter pertaining to resumption of business activities in the province. Traders have expressed pleasure over the decision.
Shah on the occasion said that all markets except shopping plazas are allowed to reopen from 6 am till 5 pm for five days a week, adding that the SOPs will be fully implemented while opening the shops. There will be complete lockdown on Saturdays and Sundays, he said.
Traders will be responsible for implementing the SOPs, he said and highlighted that social distancing need more attentions.
He warned that the government will have to take strict decision if cases surge. There are currently 12,000 coronavirus cases in the country, he said, adding that most cases reported in Karachi as it is densely populated city.
The government is cognizant about losses being suffered by the business community due to the lockdown.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020