Pakistan to soon lift ban on TikTok, confirms IT minister
ISLAMABAD – Federal Minister for Information Technology (IT) Aminul Haq giving a hope to tiktoker said that a ban on TikTok, a short-video sharing app, will soon be lifted.
The federal minister stated this while talking to a private news channel a day after Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) imposed a ban on the app after receiving complaints about indecent content being shared on the platform.
TikTok blocked in Pakistan again 04:44 PM | 9 Oct, 2020
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Friday once again blocked the social media app TikTok after the company failed to fully comply ...
“Keeping in view the complaints and nature of the content being consistently posted on TikTok, PTA issued a final notice to the application and gave considerable time to respond and comply with the Authority instructions for the development of an effective mechanism for proactive moderation of unlawful online content,” read the PTA statement.
“The application failed to fully comply with the instructions, therefore, directions were issued for blocking of TikTok application in the country.”
TikTok has been informed that the Authority is open for engagement and will review its decision subject to a satisfactory mechanism by TikTok to moderate unlawful content.
- Saudi Arabia opens doors for Umrah pilgrims from Pakistan, other ...05:28 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- WhatsApp new feature will let you shop directly from chats05:20 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Turkish minister meets Pakistan's top defence leadership04:55 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran shares his dream master plan for 'first knowledge city of ...04:31 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020