NAB recovers Rs330 million from Excise officer’s house in Lahore
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) during a raid at the house of a former officer of Excise and recovered cash and prize bonds worth Rs330 million, said a statement.
The anti-graft watchdog said that Khwaja Wasim, a grade-16 officer, made assets beyond his know sources of income during his service as an income tax officer.
NAB termed the recovery of the massive cash a major success.
It said that the officer transferred over Rs220 million between 2013 to 2017 to his foreign accounts but failed to provide sources of the income to the NAB.
Wasim is also facing charges of whitening millions of rupees through an amnesty scheme in 2018.
The accused was produced before an accountability court today in Lahore.
- Federal Cabinet meeting to discuss 16-point agenda today09:51 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- WHO decides to provide 120 mln rapid COVID-19 diagnostic tests to ...09:19 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan marks Int’l Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste today08:52 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran to address Financing for Development summit today08:32 AM | 29 Sep, 2020
- PSX in free fall as Shehbaz’s arrest brings political situation to ...11:44 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Adnan Sidiqqui pens an emotional note for his daughters02:53 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- ZEE5 Global unveils the first look of new Zindagi Original ‘Ek ...02:25 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar share the most adorable selfie with ...01:38 PM | 28 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020