NAB recovers Rs330 million from Excise officer’s house in Lahore
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) during a raid at the house of a former officer of Excise and recovered cash and prize bonds worth Rs330 million, said a statement.
The anti-graft watchdog said that Khwaja Wasim, a grade-16 officer, made assets beyond his know sources of income during his service as an income tax officer.
NAB termed the recovery of the massive cash a major success.
It said that the officer transferred over Rs220 million between 2013 to 2017 to his foreign accounts but failed to provide sources of the income to the NAB.
Wasim is also facing charges of whitening millions of rupees through an amnesty scheme in 2018.
The accused was produced before an accountability court today in Lahore.
- Pakistan vs Netherlands: First match of ODI series to be played today12:35 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Another medal for Pakistan at Islamic Games12:21 AM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:59 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani Hajj pilgrims to receive Rs150,000 in subsidy from tomorrow11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer Mobeen's vivacious personality comes out in new video09:55 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Alia Bhatt gives fans a sneak peek into her adorable babymoon10:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022