Arab fashion week comes to Saudi Arabia
"Fashion has always an interest of Saudi Arabia. It has not been something that wasn’t on the table or in the picture," Princess Noura, the honourary president Arab Fashion Council told AFP at the inaugural of fashion week at the Ritz-Carlton in Riyadh.
But unlike Dubai, Riyadh's shows will not be open to camera, and the attendees will be women only.
"We are so excited today to be announcing a history and new era for the kingdom, and for the entire Arab world, which is Arab Fashion Week," said Jacob Abrian, CEO of the Arab Fashion Council.
The fashion week's 6th edition in Dubai will be held over four days from May 9 -12.
A second edition of Saudi Arab Fashion Week is already scheduled for October.
The Kingdom has witnessed rapid change in its policies since the appointment of Crown Prince Mohammed Salman, son of the king and heir to the throne in June.
- Authorities remove animals from Afridi's house over neighbour's ...12:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran fields Abdul Qayyum Niazi as party candidate for Azad ...12:16 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 'Mystical Shayari' duo booked for ‘obscene’ photoshoot in front ...11:50 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- ‘Pakistan has other options as Biden continues to ignore Pakistani ...11:13 AM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Saudi woman uses water bottle caps to set new Guinness World Record11:44 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021