FM Qureshi shuts down rumors of Israeli pilot’s arrest amid Pakistan-India tensions over Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has dismissed the rumours that one Israeli pilot is detained in Pakistan and that only one Indian pilot was captured after the aerial fight between the air forces nuclear-armed neighbours earlier this year.
In a briefing at Foreign Ministry on Wednesday, the minister once again corrected the facts by saying that Pakistan shot down two Indian aircraft during the brief dogfight over the disputed Kashmir region. India’s claim to have shot down a Pakistani F-16 jet was proved as false by the United States officials, he added.
Qureshi said that the US officials have confirmed that no Pakistani F-16 was downed by Indian Air Force (IAF), adding that the IAF had shot down its own helicopter, killing six personnel on the spot.
Earlier this month, the foreign minister had revealed that India was planning another Pulwama like incident inside the country between 16 to 20 April.
Qureshi further said that the Modi-government might go for another misadventure against Pakistan .
He urged the international community and the UN Security Council to play their role in de-escalating the situation as Indian forces are violation ceasefire on a continuous basis across the Line of Control (LoC).
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019