FM Qureshi shuts down rumors of Israeli pilot’s arrest amid Pakistan-India tensions over Kashmir
ISLAMABAD – Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi has dismissed the rumours that one Israeli pilot is detained in Pakistan and that only one Indian pilot was captured after the aerial fight between the air forces nuclear-armed neighbours earlier this year.
In a briefing at Foreign Ministry on Wednesday, the minister once again corrected the facts by saying that Pakistan shot down two Indian aircraft during the brief dogfight over the disputed Kashmir region. India’s claim to have shot down a Pakistani F-16 jet was proved as false by the United States officials, he added.
Qureshi said that the US officials have confirmed that no Pakistani F-16 was downed by Indian Air Force (IAF), adding that the IAF had shot down its own helicopter, killing six personnel on the spot.
Earlier this month, the foreign minister had revealed that India was planning another Pulwama like incident inside the country between 16 to 20 April.
Qureshi further said that the Modi-government might go for another misadventure against Pakistan.
He urged the international community and the UN Security Council to play their role in de-escalating the situation as Indian forces are violation ceasefire on a continuous basis across the Line of Control (LoC).
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Hundreds flee after mass prison break in Afghanistan09:48 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020