Hanif Mohammad is very much alive, confirms son Shoaib
Earlier, on today's morning, it was reported that the 81-year-old was passed away in Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi. But his son claims that his father’s heartbeat was restored six minutes after it was stopped.
Last week, due to the seriousness of his health he had been shifted on the ventilator as he was having the breathing problem, Shoaib said.
After being diagnosed with lung cancer in 2013, Hanif underwent surgery in London which helped bring it under control, Shoaib said. “But cancer spread with time.”
Born in Junagadh, Hanif represented Pakistan in 55 Tests, scoring 3,915 runs at an average of 43.98. He still holds the record for highest score (337) in an innings by a Pakistani batsman, followed by Inzamamul Haq (329) and Younus Khan (313). He was also named as Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 1968.
- 70 endangered falcons die in custody of Karachi Customs03:59 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Punjab Health minister tests positive for Covid-19 for the second ...01:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech welcome their first child01:18 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021