Hanif Mohammad is very much alive, confirms son Shoaib
Earlier, on today's morning, it was reported that the 81-year-old was passed away in Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi. But his son claims that his father’s heartbeat was restored six minutes after it was stopped.
Last week, due to the seriousness of his health he had been shifted on the ventilator as he was having the breathing problem, Shoaib said.
After being diagnosed with lung cancer in 2013, Hanif underwent surgery in London which helped bring it under control, Shoaib said. “But cancer spread with time.”
Born in Junagadh, Hanif represented Pakistan in 55 Tests, scoring 3,915 runs at an average of 43.98. He still holds the record for highest score (337) in an innings by a Pakistani batsman, followed by Inzamamul Haq (329) and Younus Khan (313). He was also named as Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 1968.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Earthquake jolts parts of Karachi10:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021