India want Davis Cup tie moved from Pakistan
The Indian team are scheduled in Islamabad for the Asia/Oceania Group 1 tie to be held on September 14 and 15.
But relations between the neighbours are badly strained after India revoked the special autonomy status of occupied Kashmir.
"We have asked ITF for a neutral venue because the situation is a bit unpredictable," All India Tennis Association (AITA) president Praveen Mahajan told AFP on Sunday.
Pakistan Tennis Federation vice president Khalid Rehmani said his country remained ready to host the tie.
Pakistan has downgraded diplomatic ties with India amid a military lockdown in Indian-occupied Kashmir and stopped a cross-border train.
The AITA was preparing to send its team to Pakistan despite suspended sporting ties between the two countries, but the held Kashmir situation has raised fresh doubts.
An Indian tennis team last toured Pakistan in 1964 for the Davis Cup, where they defeated the hosts 4-0.
Pakistan lost 3-2 when they toured Mumbai in 2006.
Until a few years ago, Pakistan was forced to host home Davis Cup ties at neutral venues as teams refused to travel to the South Asian nation over security concerns.
India named a full-strength squad for the crucial tie with the country's highest-ranked players in Prajnesh Gunneswaran (90) and Ramkumar Ramanathan (184) to play the four singles matches.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- WAPDA opens jobs for locals in Gilgit-Baltistan10:59 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan Railways introduces two new trains10:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020