Stab victim Khadija Siddiqui becomes a barrister
Khadija Siddiqi has now officially become a barrister after passing 12 examinations. The university confirmed to The News that Khadija Siddiqui has received an overall “very competent” grade. Her graduation ceremony for a “call to the bar” will be held at the Lincoln’s Inn in October this year.
On 22nd January 2019 whilst giving the intense and stressful bar exams she had to return to Pakistan to attend her final hearing in the Supreme Court, which was decided in her favour and finally closed her struggle of three years.
Man, who stabbed Khadija Saddiqi 23 times, walks ... 07:04 PM | 4 Jun, 2018
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court on Monday acquitted the attacker of Khadijja Siddiqi case, Shah Hussain, who tried to ...
She shared with the media person that she was delighted to have passed all her bar examinations.
She said: “Studying at City Law School in London has been a wonderful experience. I was able to get very unique exposure to people from all over the world. The teachers were all exceptionally considerate and helpful throughout the year. I gave a few talks at various universities and worked as the youth ambassador for PTS foundation UK. London is a diverse city and gave me a lot of room to experience different cultures.”
Khajida is planning to return Pakistan to practice as a lawyer after calling to the bar at Lincolns Inn. “As I always said the plan is to work and strive for the people of Pakistan. I hope and pray God gives me the will power and strength to give a voice to the voiceless and bring about judicial reforms in the near future,” she shared.
She added: “I remember when I was called by my lawyer Barrister Salman Safdar who told me that my case was fixed for 23rd January. He said that the case could be heard in my absence too if it was getting hard to come back midway bar course. But somewhere deep in my heart, I knew that all hopes were hanging upon my case, how they were eagerly waiting for justice to be served. It became my obligation and duty to be present in the Supreme Court of Pakistan for my case hearing. I did not give it a second thought and booked my ticket. I missed a week of lectures and some important classes but that somehow became secondary to the big battle I had been fighting for the previous 3 years.
After a harrowing wait that stretched out for over a year, Husain was delivered a five-year sentence on July 29, for attempted murder.
Khadija had to put up a lonely fight to get justice but soon her campaign gathered momentum when Shahzeb Khanzada, fearlessly lifted her voice and did several shows on her case. The media erupted in anger at what had happened to her, civil society and activists like Hassan Niazi and Jibran Nasir took forward the case and fought tooth and nail alongside Khadija.
Many congratulations to Khadija from team Daily Pakistan Global.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020