ICC World Cup 2019: Rain delays Bangladesh-Sri Lanka match
The umpires were due to hold a further inspection at 12:15 pm (1115 GMT) local time after the weather prevented the match starting as scheduled at 10:30 am (0930 GMT).
But, with the pitch and square covered and further rain falling, the prospects for the play were not encouraging.
Sri Lanka have already suffered one no result washout in Bristol, against Pakistan on Friday.
Meanwhile, tournament organisers were, for the second day in a row, faced with the prospect of another incomplete match after rain forced South Africa and the West Indies to take a point each at Southampton on Monday.
Bangladesh will try to get back on the winning track after two back to back defeats by World Cup hosts England and the other against New Zealand.
Though wicket-keeper batsman Mushfiqur Rahim and all-rounder Shakib-al-Hasan have impressed for the Tigers with their batting, yet the rest of the Bangladeshi batting line-up is yet to impress in the tournament with their performance.
On the other hand, Sri Lankan team aims to get a high score in order to win the match.
Meanwhile, Pakistan will take on Australia at Taunton on Wednesday (June 12) at 02:30 pm Pakistan Standard Time (PST).
The World Cup Cricket fans can expect a delay to the start of the game as the weather is expected to be cloudy with the possibility of a few showers in the afternoon.
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020