Islamic scholars sign Afghan peace declaration in Makkah
MAKKAH – Islamic scholars from Pakistan and Afghanistan have signed the Declaration of Peace and Historic Reconciliation in Afghanistan in Saudi Arabia.
The declaration is aimed to pave the way for a solution to the long-standing Afghan crisis, by supporting negotiations between the warring factions.
The signing took place at the conclusion of the Islamic conference that was held near the Grand Mosque, according to the state broadcaster.
The declaration was co-signed by the Minister for Religious Affairs Dr. Noorul Haq Qadri and Afghan Hajj, Guidance and Endowments Minister Mohammed Qasim Halimi.
The declaration offers reconciliation between the conflicting parties in Afghanistan, bringing them to a common ground to address all issues, Radio Pakistan reported.
US completes more than 50 percent of troop ... 08:35 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
WASHINGTON – The Pentagon on Tuesday completed “greater than 50%” of its task of withdrawing troops ...
- Brazil becomes second country to pass half million Covid-19 deaths12:03 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Police deny Mandokhel's request for registering case against Firdous ...10:50 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Mufti Aziz ur Rehman, son arrested from Mianwali after 3 days of ...10:25 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:05 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Twitter slams Dhoop ki Deewar over 'problematic' storyline05:32 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Reema Khan shares adorable video with her husband05:38 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021