PHC bans TikTok over ‘immoral, indecent content'
PESHAWAR – Peshawar High Court on Thursday directed to block the popular social media app TikTok which is owned by Chinese tech giant ByteDance.
The decision was made in light of complaints against “immoral and indecent” content on the video-sharing platform.
The petition filed against TikTok was heard in the Peshawar High Court today. DG Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, Deputy Attorney General, and lawyers appeared before the court.
Justice Qaiser Rasheed Khan of Peshawar High Court while announcing the verdict remarked that indecent videos being uploaded are negatively impacting our youth adding that it’s our duty to protect the young generation from immoral activities.
TikTok blocked in Pakistan again 04:44 PM | 9 Oct, 2020
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Friday once again blocked the social media app TikTok after the company failed to fully comply ...
Earlier in October 2020, Authorities in Pakistan have announced the lifting of a ban on TikTok, saying they received assurances from the video-sharing platform that it would moderate the content in accordance with local laws.
TikTok is being unlocked after assurance from management that they will block all accounts repeatedly involved in spreading obscenity and immorality.— PTA (@PTAofficialpk) October 19, 2020
TikTok will moderate the account in accordance with local laws.
This is breaking news, more to follow...
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:18 AM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 01 December 202208:09 AM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui unimpressed with Indian remake of 'Aap Jaisa Koi'11:33 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Cristiano Ronaldo ‘signs record-breaking $207m per year contract ...11:11 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Aima Baig reveals her K-pop star look in new photos09:22 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Kriti Sanon quashes dating rumours with Prabhas06:21 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Ayeza Khan rocks chic look in new viral pictures05:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022