Trump wins West Virginia, Sanders takes early lead
On the Democratic side, NBC projected Senator Bernie Sanders as the winner over frontrunner Hillary Clinton, while other networks said Sanders was leading but the race was too early to call.
Clinton, the former secretary of state, is far enough ahead in the delegate count to become the likely Democratic nominee, despite struggling to put her rival away for good.
With 2,224 delegates, she is close to the 2,383 necessary to win, according to a CNN tally. Sanders stands at 1,448. Trump, the sole Republican candidate in the contest, was expected to sweep the 34 delegates at stake in West Virginia, as he closes in on the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch his party's nomination.
Republicans are also voting in a primary on Tuesday in the state of Nebraska.
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Morrisville Samp Army march into the play-offs conquering Deccan ...12:44 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- SEDF, U Bank join hands for provision of subsidised credit to MSMEs ...11:19 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022