Trump wins West Virginia, Sanders takes early lead
On the Democratic side, NBC projected Senator Bernie Sanders as the winner over frontrunner Hillary Clinton, while other networks said Sanders was leading but the race was too early to call.
Clinton, the former secretary of state, is far enough ahead in the delegate count to become the likely Democratic nominee, despite struggling to put her rival away for good.
With 2,224 delegates, she is close to the 2,383 necessary to win, according to a CNN tally. Sanders stands at 1,448. Trump, the sole Republican candidate in the contest, was expected to sweep the 34 delegates at stake in West Virginia, as he closes in on the 1,237 delegates needed to clinch his party's nomination.
Republicans are also voting in a primary on Tuesday in the state of Nebraska.
- BISE Lahore announces date for Intermediate part-II results12:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022