Safeguarding minorities’ rights, top priority of government: Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Monday said inter-faith harmony and ensuring the rights of minorities were among the top priorities of the government.
In a meeting with newly appointed Chairman National Commission for Minorities Chela Ram Kewlani here at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qureshi said the world today was acknowledging Pakistan’s efforts in protecting the rights of minorities.
On the other hand, he said India had heightened its oppression against minorities, particularly Muslims, who faced continuous religious persecution.
The Foreign Minister expressed confidence that the appointment of Chela Ram Kewlani, belonging to the Hindu community from Sindh, would promote the spirit of inter-faith harmony in the country.
- NASA, SpaceX launch astronauts to orbit from America in historic test ...06:59 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another doctor succumbs to coronavirus in Khyber Pakhktunkhwa06:47 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Another Pakistani lawmaker tests positive for coronavirus06:43 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan, WB to ink $188 mln disaster resilience pact06:39 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Indian siege of Occupied Kashmir completes 300 days06:10 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020