Safeguarding minorities’ rights, top priority of government: Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Monday said inter-faith harmony and ensuring the rights of minorities were among the top priorities of the government.
In a meeting with newly appointed Chairman National Commission for Minorities Chela Ram Kewlani here at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qureshi said the world today was acknowledging Pakistan’s efforts in protecting the rights of minorities.
On the other hand, he said India had heightened its oppression against minorities, particularly Muslims, who faced continuous religious persecution.
The Foreign Minister expressed confidence that the appointment of Chela Ram Kewlani, belonging to the Hindu community from Sindh, would promote the spirit of inter-faith harmony in the country.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020