‘The Punisher’ bans smoking in Philippines
Duterte, known as the 'The Punisher' for his extreme policies, had already stamped out smoking in the city where he used to be mayor.
The national restrictions will be along the same lines as those set in Duterte's old municipality of Davao, according to the Mail Online.
“There will be no smoking in public places anymore, whether indoor or outdoor,” Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial said on Tuesday.
“Parks, bus stations, and even in vehicles. All these are considered public places.”
Reportedly some 3,600 people have been killed since Duterte came to power at the end of June after the president waged a ruthless war on the country's drug users and pushers, with many left dying in the streets.
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge11:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Imran Khan's billionaire friend wins defamation suit against Indian ...10:42 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022