PM Imran seeks details of loans taken in 10 years
Chairing the Cabinet meeting here at the PM Office, the Prime Minister said the government and the people of Pakistan have the right to know where these huge amounts were spent and were these beneficial for the country or not.
'Where was the money spent, on which projects? Did we build a dam? We need to know as we have to borrow more loan to return the instalments,' Prime Minister Imran Khan wondered.
He asked the Finance Ministry to submit its detailed analysis to the Federal Cabinet and said it would also help create a better understanding of the loans and their impact on the national economy.
'We will need much more funds to return the entire loan. Instead of creating wealth, we will have to use our money to retire the debt,' he pointed.
Referring to the launch of his ambitious Naya Pakistan Housing Program, the Prime Minister said the entire administrative structure for the project would be completed on priority and it would not only generate economic activity but also add new entrepreneurs, increase skills of the workers and create employment.
The Prime Minister in his address on the Naya Pakistan Housing program on Wednesday said the country would not have to face this situation, had there been any check on the rampant corruption in the country in the past.
Earlier, in a Twitter post, the premier expressed that the housing project would generate six million jobs.
- PM Imran hails CM Khalid’s plan to turn Gilgit-Baltistan into ...06:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stranded crew of seized PIA plane returns to Pakistan today06:09 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021