The great Muslim scholar who invented Algebra, also called “grandfather of computer science”
In fact, the word "algebra" comes from his algebraic mathematical treatise, called Hisab al-Jabr w'al-muqabala (The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing). His legacy can be seen in the statue erected outside the West Gate in Uzbekistan city of Khiva, reported BBC.
Central Asia was a world centre of learning for centuries, and Khiva was no exception.
Al-Khwārizmī's contributions to mathematics, geography, astronomy, and cartography established the basis for innovation in algebra and trigonometry. His systematic approach to solving linear and quadratic equations led to algebra.
- Indian air force jet crashes in Madhya Pradesh, pilot injured12:38 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Narcotics agency raids SRK's bungalow as Bollywood superstar reaches ...12:06 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- High alert sounded in Lahore as TLP stages sit-in for Saad Rizvi’s ...11:35 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Lt Gen Nadeem, who's appointed by GHQ as next DG ISI, ‘calls on PM ...11:00 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Woman ‘tortured, raped’ in Rawalpindi metro bus underpass10:28 AM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Ali Azmat slammed for indecent remarks about Madam Noor Jahan05:02 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Mansha Pasha celebrates birthday with friends and family04:36 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan’s bail plea rejected by Mumbai court03:25 PM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021