The great Muslim scholar who invented Algebra, also called “grandfather of computer science”
In fact, the word "algebra" comes from his algebraic mathematical treatise, called Hisab al-Jabr w'al-muqabala (The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing). His legacy can be seen in the statue erected outside the West Gate in Uzbekistan city of Khiva, reported BBC.
Central Asia was a world centre of learning for centuries, and Khiva was no exception.
Al-Khwārizmī's contributions to mathematics, geography, astronomy, and cartography established the basis for innovation in algebra and trigonometry. His systematic approach to solving linear and quadratic equations led to algebra.
- Babar Azam replaces Imad Wasim as Karachi Kings captain01:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan starts booster covid vaccinations today amid omicron scare12:52 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- China is now the greatest priority for MI6 spies12:31 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Lawyers ‘manhandle’ judge who convicted DC, AC in Mandi Bahauddin11:51 AM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Prices keep soaring as inflation rockets to 21-month high in Pakistan11:28 AM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021