One-match win against Australia crucial for Pakistan to qualify for World Cup 2019
Green Shirts, who will face off Australia in five- match ODI series starting in Brisbane on Friday, are in huge trouble. If they fail to win at least one match, they risk losing it all for the upcoming World Cup.
The 2019 Cricket World Cup will be hosted by England and Wales, from 30 May to 15 July 2019.
According to cricket statistics, Pakistan are in serious danger of failing to qualify directly for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 as they currently sit in the eighth position in the ODI Team Rankings.
To maintain its pre-series ranking points, Pakistan need to win one match of the series while victories in more than one match will earn them crucial additional points.
If Pakistan win two matches, they will join Bangladesh on 91 points but will be ranked behind their Asian rivals by a fraction.
Pakistan will move ahead of Bangladesh if they win the series, enhancing their chances of qualifying directly for the event.
ICC ODI Team Rankings (as on 11 January, before the start of Australia vs Pakistan)
Rank Team Points
1. Australia 120
2. South Africa 116
3. India 111
4. New Zealand 111
5. England 107
6. Sri Lanka 101
7. Bangladesh 91
8. Pakistan 89
9. West Indies 87
10. Afghanistan 52
11. Zimbabwe 47
12. Ireland 42
- How to complete PSL 6? ShahidAfridi shares his formula following ...11:11 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- Man awarded death sentence for raping five-year-old girl in Rawalpindi09:31 PM | 4 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021