Hindu street vendor beaten up by Police because of 'Ramazan'
The incident took place on Friday, when vendor Gokal Das was selling edibles some forty minutes before Ramzan Iftar time. Seeing this, the police constable, later on identified as Ali Hassan, brutally tortured the vendor for not respecting Ramazan.
Pictures showing Gokal Das's tortured hands went viral on social media afterwards, with activists urging IG Sindh Police Allah Dino Khawaja to take action against the police constable.
Later, on the directions of the IGP, SSP Gotki Masood Bangash registered a case against the policeman under sections 337, 504 and 506/2 of the Pakistan Penal Code.
On Saturday, the accused constable was arrested by the police. Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari, the sister of PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, also confirmed the arrest of Ali Hassan in a tweet.
— Bakhtawar B-Zardari (@BakhtawarBZ) June 11, 2016
- Bette Nash becomes the oldest and longest-serving flight attendant09:07 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani-American lawyer Khizr Khan to receive top civil award in US08:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Sharmeen shares story of Indo-Pak partition scene she created for Ms ...08:16 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- England's Stuart Broad bowls the most expensive over in Test history07:54 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares stunning clicks from sister Aisha's dreamy ...05:49 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Ayesha Fazli finally breaks silence on Ali Zafar – Meesha Shafi ...07:11 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022