SSGC, SNGPL proposes 20 to 100 percent hike in gas prices
ISLAMABAD - The gas companies on Thursday have proposed hike in basic price up to 20 and 100 percent.
According to media reports, the hike has been proposed from July 1 for the next fiscal year. The surge will put additional burden of Rs 347 billion on consumers.
The Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) has proposed 20 percent increase in basic price which will hike the cost by Rs 153 per mmbtu. The SSGC consumers will bear additional amount of Rs 57 billion as a result.
On the other hand, the Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL) has proposed 100 percent hike in basic price which will increase the cost by Rs 670 per mmbtu after which the SNGPL consumers will bear additional amount of Rs 290 billion.
The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has asked people to give their opinion in fourteen days after which the decision will be made.
- Clerics in North Waziristan booked for announcing fake Eid moon ...07:24 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Cabinet committee accepts NAB's request to place Shehbaz Sharif on ECL05:46 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s ...05:41 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Ali Gul Pir’s parody on Firdous Ashiq Awan’s statement goes viral03:44 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Superstar Fawad Khan cooks exceptionally well: Sadaf04:10 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Pakistani barber offers haircuts with cleavers and blowtorches02:32 PM | 12 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021