Muhammad Noor Meskanzai appointed as chief justice of Pakistan’s top Islamic court
ISLAMABAD – President Dr Arif Alvi has appointed Justice Muhammad Noor Meskanzai as Chief Justice Federal Shariat Court.
According to a notification issued by the Law Ministry today (Wednesday), his appointment has been made for a period of one year with effect from 15th of this month.
The Chief Justice of the Shariat Court is the second-highest judicial office in the country, after the Chief Justice of Pakistan.
Justice Noor Muhammad Meskanzai, who is former chief justice of Balochistan High Court, first took oath as the head of Shariat court on 15 May 2019.
#WestandwithGaza, PM Imran reiterates support to ... 01:18 PM | 12 May, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan Wednesday reiterated his support for the Palestinians, denouncing Israeli ...
- Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz booked for using TTP's name to threaten ...09:53 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to pay for treatment of Pakistan’s second tallest man08:50 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021