Truth behind pictures of detained Saudi billionaire Al-Waleed bin Talal shocks internet
The images that went viral over the internet showed tycoon Al-Waleed bin Talal stretching a smile along with three fellows lying on bare mattresses.
The images were believed to have been captured inside the Ritz-Carlton hotel where Saudi royals have been detained following an anti-corruption swoop launched by 32-year-old Muhamamd Bin Salman.
On the surface, the pictures suggested that the arrested individuals were not subjected to torture or interrogation and the arrest seemed to be a gimmick, however, the images have been debunked confirming that factually they had no link with the 'House of Saud'.
It turns out that the man believed to be Saudi tycoon is a Lebanese representative Jean Bou Gaddoun who disguised himself as Talal for a comedy program directed by Charbel Khalil on the television show 'Al-Jadid'.
The picture was uploaded by Gaddoun himself with the caption 'I'm on a sandwich Monte Carlo, tragic with fairy'.
- Pakistan’s re-recorded national anthem is out on diamond jubilee of ...04:54 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Two Pakistani soldiers martyred in Dir blast: ISPR02:19 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Babar Azam to be awarded with Sitar-e-Imtiaz01:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Ayeza Khan’s new swimming pool video sets internet on fire11:23 AM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Alizeh Shah looks stunning in latest photos07:15 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022