Truth behind pictures of detained Saudi billionaire Al-Waleed bin Talal shocks internet
The images that went viral over the internet showed tycoon Al-Waleed bin Talal stretching a smile along with three fellows lying on bare mattresses.
The images were believed to have been captured inside the Ritz-Carlton hotel where Saudi royals have been detained following an anti-corruption swoop launched by 32-year-old Muhamamd Bin Salman.
On the surface, the pictures suggested that the arrested individuals were not subjected to torture or interrogation and the arrest seemed to be a gimmick, however, the images have been debunked confirming that factually they had no link with the 'House of Saud'.
It turns out that the man believed to be Saudi tycoon is a Lebanese representative Jean Bou Gaddoun who disguised himself as Talal for a comedy program directed by Charbel Khalil on the television show 'Al-Jadid'.
The picture was uploaded by Gaddoun himself with the caption 'I'm on a sandwich Monte Carlo, tragic with fairy'.
- Navjot Sidhu in race for Indian Punjab CM after Amarinder Singh's ...07:37 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- UNGA session: PM Imran to address the world's biggest diplomatic ...07:10 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan calls up players for National T20 after New Zealand ...06:44 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- China to invest $15 billion in Pakistan' petrochemical sector05:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Saeeda Imtiaz’s new bold photos draw severe public criticism03:03 PM | 19 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah’s new bold look goes viral02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2021