Powerful typhoon hits Tokyo, surrounding areas
TOKYO - Tokyo and surrounding areas in Japan have been braced for a powerful typhoon as the worst in six decades.
Typhoon Hagibis is packing winds of 180 kilometres per hour near its center and gusts of up to 252 kilometres per hour.
The typhoon has caused major disruptions to the power and transportation system in parts of Japan as Shinkansen bullet train services between Tokyo and Shin-Osaka have been suspended.
Rugby World Cup matches, concerts and other events have been cancelled whereas flights were grounded and train services halted, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The storm is already battering Chiba Prefecture where violent gusts have torn roofs of homes and left some residents with injuries.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- SC moved to cancel bail of Maryam Nawaz10:25 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Orange Line Metro Train's test run on Dec 1010:14 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019