Powerful typhoon hits Tokyo, surrounding areas
TOKYO - Tokyo and surrounding areas in Japan have been braced for a powerful typhoon as the worst in six decades.
Typhoon Hagibis is packing winds of 180 kilometres per hour near its center and gusts of up to 252 kilometres per hour.
The typhoon has caused major disruptions to the power and transportation system in parts of Japan as Shinkansen bullet train services between Tokyo and Shin-Osaka have been suspended.
Rugby World Cup matches, concerts and other events have been cancelled whereas flights were grounded and train services halted, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The storm is already battering Chiba Prefecture where violent gusts have torn roofs of homes and left some residents with injuries.
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran terms CPEC excellent project08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020