Watch the adventurous trailer for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Though the trailer itself revealed little about the plot of the movie, Abrams and the cast, including Daisy Ridley, John Boyega and Oscar Isaac, revealed some tantalizing information during the panel.
The biggest news is that the movie will be called The Rise of Skywalker, though that title is more cryptic than it might initially sound. Abrams said that the three heroes of the newest trilogy Rey (Ridley), Finn (Boyega) and Poe (Isaac) would be united in an adventure for the first time. He also said that they would face “the greatest evil.”
Here is the trailer for 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' :
It’s unclear which Skywalker, exactly, is the titular character of this film. There are several options: Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) are the only remaining living Skywalkers.
Director Abrams has emphasized that this film will focus heavily on the new generation of heroes and villains, not the old, so Kylo is perhaps the more likely candidate. If he gets a redemption arc, then he could be the Skywalker who finally balances the forces of Light and Darkness.
However, Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) will still have a major role in this film. Though he became one with the Force (i.e. died) in Last Jedi, his voice echoes throughout the trailer. He could appear as a visage to Rey or even return corporally in some way.
Many fans still maintain that Rey is related to the Skywalkers in some way. Alternatively, she could become a Skywalker through adoption or marriage. Rey has been the central character of the last two films, and it would make sense for her to be a link to the old heroes in the so-called Skywalker Saga.
Some fans have also posited that Skywalker will become a title, rather than a name. The last two trilogies both ended with titles that focused on a group of people: Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi.
All will be revealed, at the end, when Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will be hitting the theaters this December.
- PMDC restored as Senate approves amendment bill11:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022