India plans global investment summit in Occupied Kashmir
The three-day summit will begin on October 12, Naveen Choudhary was cited as saying at a press briefing in Jammu by daily The Hindu.
Choudhary said the gathering in the former state's most popular city of Srinagar will give it "an opportunity to showcase its strength and economic potential and allay fears of foreign investors."
It comes a day after Reliance Industries Ltd, an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, said it will set up a special task force for investing in the occupied Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, and make a number of announcements in due course.
“Responding to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's appeal, we stand committed to support people of Jammu & Kashmir, and Ladakh in all their developmental needs. Hence, we will create a special task force and you will see several announcements for Jammu & Kashmir, and Ladakh region in our developmental initiatives in the coming months,” RIL Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani said on Monday.
Article 370: Top Indian court accepts plea ... 07:49 PM | 13 Aug, 2019
NEW DELHI – India’s top court on Tuesday refused to pass any interim or immediate order on lifting of restrictions ...
The Indian government revoked the Himalayan region's statehood and special status last week citing a rise in separatism among its mostly Muslim population, and also announced bifurcation of the State in two Union Territories. China and Pakistan protested the change in the status quo.
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020