India plans global investment summit in Occupied Kashmir
The three-day summit will begin on October 12, Naveen Choudhary was cited as saying at a press briefing in Jammu by daily The Hindu.
Choudhary said the gathering in the former state's most popular city of Srinagar will give it "an opportunity to showcase its strength and economic potential and allay fears of foreign investors."
It comes a day after Reliance Industries Ltd, an Indian multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Mumbai, said it will set up a special task force for investing in the occupied Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh, and make a number of announcements in due course.
“Responding to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's appeal, we stand committed to support people of Jammu & Kashmir, and Ladakh in all their developmental needs. Hence, we will create a special task force and you will see several announcements for Jammu & Kashmir, and Ladakh region in our developmental initiatives in the coming months,” RIL Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani said on Monday.
Article 370: Top Indian court accepts plea ... 07:49 PM | 13 Aug, 2019
NEW DELHI – India’s top court on Tuesday refused to pass any interim or immediate order on lifting of restrictions ...
The Indian government revoked the Himalayan region's statehood and special status last week citing a rise in separatism among its mostly Muslim population, and also announced bifurcation of the State in two Union Territories. China and Pakistan protested the change in the status quo.
- Pakistan launches documentary on February-27 response against Indian ...05:38 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Women’s T20 World Cup 2020: Pakistan beat West Indies in Canberra05:24 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Nazi-inspired RSS ideology taking over India, may lead to bloodshed: ...03:33 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Punjab Cabinet declares PML-N Supremo Nawaz Sharif as “absconder”01:46 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Greta Thunberg and Malala Yousafzai meet at Oxford University01:17 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi calls out Hindutva activists, urges world to take ...01:12 PM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Sonya Hussyn was never in my books for MPTH: Khalil ur Rehman12:35 AM | 26 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019