PM Imran inaugurates NHA’s digitized systems
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday formally inaugurated the e-bidding, e-billing and GIS Mapping system under National Highway Authority (NHA) for good governance, maintaining transparency and ensuring accountability.
Addressing the inaugural ceremony, he said that the steps will bring modernity and digitalization in the country.
He said that e-bidding will reduce human interaction in awarding contracts of various projects, which will end corruption and bribery in the whole process.
Live Stream: Prime Minister @ImranKhanPTI Speech at the Inauguration Ceremony of E-Bidding, E-Billing and GIS Mapping system under National Highway Authority in Islamabad (13.01.21)#PrimeMinisterImranKhan https://t.co/VEmRf5pjeQ— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) January 13, 2021
The premier also expressed the resolve to digitize Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) by July this year.
He said Pakistan’s tax collection can be raised by introducing automation and digitization in the FBR.
“We can spend more on human development if we have extra funds,” he added.
Responding to criticism over delay in bringing change in the country, he said that change does not come by pushing a switch but there is a need to change public mind.
He said elements those are benefitting from the outdated system are obstacles in the way of change.
The inauguration is reflection of NHA's steps towards E-Governance and highlights special initiatives of the present government to transform the economy and work practices on modern lines under vision of the prime minister for improved service delivery, said a press release.
National Highway Authority has digitized the existing mutual base systems while introducing Smart Technologies at par with International standards aimed at good governance, maintaing transparency and ensuring accountability.
- Ministry of Human Rights in partnership with European Union launches ...08:32 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Paani Key Pankh – PM Imran launches documentary drama in Islamabad ...08:05 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Money laundering – UK court orders extradition of Abraaj founder ...07:49 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Reducing unfair means in recruitment: Case of Police in Pakistan07:20 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- This new drama has become Netflix's most popular series ever06:55 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Pamela Anderson marries for the fifth time05:50 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Inside Bakhtawar Bhutto's Mehndi at Bilawal House04:40 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021