Kashmir Martyrs Day being observed today
SRINAGAR - The 86th Kashmir Martyrs Day is being observed on both sides of the Line of Control on Wednesday with renewed pledge to continue the struggle for the freedom of occupied Jammu and Kashmir from the Indian yoke.
The day is being observed to commemorate the martyrdom of those Kashmiris who laid down their lives in front of Srinagar Central Jail on 13th July 1931 for the cause of freedom from Dogra Rule.
A full-day holiday is also being observed in Azad Kashmir on this occasion.
Special meetings including seminars and symposiums are being held to pay rich tributes to Kashmiri martyrs to be followed by protest rallies and demonstrations against India.
Public meetings are also taking place in all major cities of Azad Kashmir including, Muzaffarabad, Mirpur, Kotli, Bagh, Rawalakot, Sudhanoti, Bhimber and Neelam valley and all other small and major towns and cities to mark the day.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020