Kashmir Martyrs Day being observed today
SRINAGAR - The 86th Kashmir Martyrs Day is being observed on both sides of the Line of Control on Wednesday with renewed pledge to continue the struggle for the freedom of occupied Jammu and Kashmir from the Indian yoke.
The day is being observed to commemorate the martyrdom of those Kashmiris who laid down their lives in front of Srinagar Central Jail on 13th July 1931 for the cause of freedom from Dogra Rule.
A full-day holiday is also being observed in Azad Kashmir on this occasion.
Special meetings including seminars and symposiums are being held to pay rich tributes to Kashmiri martyrs to be followed by protest rallies and demonstrations against India .
Public meetings are also taking place in all major cities of Azad Kashmir including, Muzaffarabad , Mirpur, Kotli, Bagh, Rawalakot, Sudhanoti, Bhimber and Neelam valley and all other small and major towns and cities to mark the day.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019