Malala Yousafzai turns 23
Nobel laureate and peace activist Malala Yousafzai celebrated her 23rd birthday on July 12 with close friends and family.
The birthday girl, family, friends and tons of cheerful vibes practically sum up Malala's happy day as she took to Instagram to share the pictures. "Chapter 23! Ready for a quarter-life crisis," read the caption.
Many prominent personalities from across the globe wished Yousafzai.
Wishing a wonderful birthday to @Malala! As we celebrate #MalalaDay, let’s not simply be in awe of her accomplishments. Let’s join her inspiring work for education and do our part to support the extraordinary talents and potential of girls around the world. pic.twitter.com/fB64F1oNHN— Michelle Obama (@MichelleObama) July 12, 2020
This #MalalaDay, let’s celebrate her triumph over adversity and relentless drive to put girls' education on the global agenda, inspiring millions around the world.— Mayor of London (gov.uk/coronavirus) (@MayorofLondon) July 12, 2020
Happy birthday @Malala! pic.twitter.com/wxSzc2hBiD
Her birthday has become a little extra special as United Nations has declared July 12 as Malala Day in honour of the young activist. Malala, youngest Nobel peace prize recipient, has always been a strong advocate of girls education and women empowerment.
She recently graduated from Oxford University with a degree in Economics.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020