Deepika Padukone posts message about depression following recent celebrity suicides
The recent suicides of designer Kate Spade and chef Anthony Bourdain were shocking news for their fans and followers all over the world.
“Please don’t hide it, feel angry, think of yourself as weak, or consider it a character flaw. It is not your fault if you are depressed. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.” shared the 'Om Shanti Om' actor.
The TLLLF aims to break the stigma surrounding depression and urges those suffering from the illness to communicate their feelings.
Kate Spade, a respected designer, was found dead in her Manhattan apartment on June 5. Her death was ruled a suicide by hanging. She was 55. Her husband later revealed that she had battled depression for years.
On June 8, celebrated chef and TV presenter Anthony Bourdain hanged himself in his hotel room in France. In 2017, iconic rock singers Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington also committed suicide because of depression.
Deepika Padukone had opened up about her battle with depression in 2015. The actress had earlier pointed out that anyone, irrespective of their social or economic position, can be diagnosed with depression.
Depression is not a disease, it can be cured with care, love, and support!
- Pakistan’s Muhammad Waseem beats Colombia's Barrera to bag WBC ...09:57 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 411 new infections, 7 deaths in a day09:26 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 November 202108:42 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021