Renowned comedian Ashraf Rahi passes away
LAHORE - Renowned Pakistani comedian and stage actor, Ashraf Rahi passed away on 25th December. According to family sources, the actor was shifted to the Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC) after he suffered a heart attack. The actor was battling Hepatitis C and diabetes for many years.
Earlier, Rahi had appealed to the previous government for help by applying for financial assistance but did not receive any.
Hailed as one of the best actors in Lahore’s stage play circuit, he worked in more than 3000 stage plays through the course of his acting career. Some of his popular plays include Shartiya Might, Sawa Sair, Aashiqoun Gham Na Karna, Bara Maza Aye Ga, and Double Sawari.
In a Punjabi Indian movie, Punjab Di Kudi, he was also snagged by India to star. His roles in Khufiya Jazeera and Ainak Wala Jin are among his best performances. On the silver screen, the actor was seen in the Punjabi film Mehndi Wale Hath opposite actor Veena Malik.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019