Pakistani truck artist paints a stunning mural to honour George Floyd
In solidarity with Black Lives Matter protest going on in US, Pakistani truck artist Haider Ali has painted a mural of George Floyd.
The unjust death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old unarmed black man who died in Minnesota, United States, after a white police officer forcefully kneeled into Floyd’s neck for almost nine minutes, has attracted international attention.
The painting has been illustrated on one of the walls in Ali's home in memory of Floyd's wrongful death. Created in traditional Pakistani truck art style, it's got several slogans attached as well: “Hum kaalay hain toh kia hua, dilwale hain (So what if we’re dark-skinned? We’ve got big hearts),” and “Goron ki na kaalon ki, dunya dil walon ki (This world doesn't belong to white or black people, it belongs to the ones with heart).”
The mural was shared on Pakistani writer Nadeem Farooq Parcha’s Twitter.
"Pakistani truck artist, Haider Ali, painting George Floyd. This style of painting adorns many trucks and buses on the highways of Pakistan. Ali is from Karachi, the capital of Pakistan’s Sindh province," read the caption of the picture.
Kudos to Haider for coming forward with such a strong gesture to back an important movement and motivating individuals around the world who are fighting inequality and injustice.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Coronavirus affecting worldwide peace and security: UN10:01 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 225,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,619 confirmed ...09:47 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Unplanned major cities threat to agriculture land, environment: PM ...08:41 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s Google team briefs steps towards digitization, computer ...12:44 AM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020