COVID-19: PIA joins efforts to strengthen clinical trial for plasma therapy in Pakistan
KARACHI – Pakistan International Airlines has announced free transportation of plasma donated by COVID-19 recovered people, from within country as well as abroad, for coronavirus patients being treated at National Institute of Blood Diseases.
In a statement, the airlines CEO, Air Marshal Arshad Malik said the national carrier will join efforts being made by NIBD as well as other dedicated facilities trying to strengthen ongoing clinical trials for plasma therapy in the country.
This, the PIA chief said was important as would ultimately help people of the country suffering from the infection and are in dire need of safe and efficient interventions.
Malik also announced that he along with other PIA employees would voluntarily donate blood plasma for organizations working for safe recovery of critically ill COVID-19 patients.
Medical Director of NIBD, Surgeon Tahir A Shamsi expressing his gratitude to PIA team said this will strengthen the ongoing clinical trial process of an intervention registered to have no less than 80% success rate in the country.
- All banks to operate from 09:00am to 5:30pm11:51 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- PTI minister backs Khawaja Asif on Hindu temple in Islamabad11:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Global coronavirus cases near 13 million with 569,000 deaths so far10:36 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Four Pakistani soldiers martyred, 4 terrorists killed in North ...10:02 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 251,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,257 confirmed dead09:20 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Yashma Gill contracts coronavirus01:07 PM | 12 Jul, 2020
- Amitabh Bachchan in hospital after testing positive for COVID-1911:36 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Kanye West is reportedly ‘struggling’ with bipolar disorder04:44 PM | 11 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020