US warns against spoilers as intra-Afghan negotiations draw closer
WASHINGTON - United States (US) has welcomed the positive developments leading to imminent start of intra-Afghan talks, after the Taliban indicated that negotiations could commence within a week.
In a series of tweets, US special envoy for Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad hailed the ongoing prisoner exchanges that are prerequisite for the negotiations.
(3/4) We welcome the Taliban statement specifying they will participate in IAN within one week of the prisoner release commitment outlined in our agreement. Although many practical details need to be worked out, these developments are all very positive.— U.S. Special Representative Zalmay Khalilzad (@US4AfghanPeace) June 11, 2020
He urged all sides to start the talks immediately and prevent spoilers from undermining the process & betraying the hopes and yearning of Afghan people for peace.
He said intra-Afghan talks are a key objective of the US’ diplomacy.
- Monsoon rains likely to strengthen in Sindh from Monday03:27 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Balochistan decides to promote matriculation, intermediate students ...01:59 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan increases medical capabilities to counter Covid-19: Asad Umar01:48 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020