Thick smog covers Lahore once again as AQI hits 408
The citizens in the provincial capital have been forced to take precautionary measures after the city’s AQI has witnessed a sudden rise of 177 points within 24 hours.
The reason behind the smog was caused by the smoke and other pollutants from Indian Punjab’s burning crops.
The AQI in Gulberg reached 556 while the Punjab Assembly vicinity observed PM2.5 at 499, Liberty at 400, Upper Mall at 434, Sandar Industrial Estate at 401, Allama Iqbal Town at 384 and Bedian Road at 606 was observed.
It is pertinent to mention here that if the rank of air quality index increases to 150, it is considered unhealthy, whereas if the index with 200 or above refers to very unhealthy environment.
Doctors and health experts have advised people, especially children and the elderly, to remain indoors and take more liquids during the ongoing smog .
- 10 patients die as lawyers’ protest intensifies at Lahore's Punjab ...01:37 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- IHC approves bail of Asif Ali Zardari on medical grounds12:50 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Meesha Shafi records her statement in harassment case12:39 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019