S Korea develops bunker-busting missile that can reach entire N Korea (VIDEO)
The exercise was conducted in the air over Taean County, South Chungcheong Province in the country’s west on Tuesday, Yonhap news agency reported, citing the country’s military.
The F-15K multi-role fighter aircraft fired the Taurus KEPD 350 missile, which flew some 400 km and directly hit the target in the waters off the city of Gunsan in neighboring North Jeolla Province.
The Taurus missile has a range of 500 km and a 481kg warhead can attack targets in Pyongyang, “even if it is fired from as far as the central part of South Korea.” The missile’s range may expand to the whole of North Korea if it is launched from near Seoul.
The missiles are manufactured by TAURUS Systems GmbH, a joint venture between MBDA Deutschland GmbH and the South Korean subsidiary of the Swedish company Saab Dynamics AB.
Saab says that a Taurus missile, “designed to penetrate dense air defences”, can neutralize “high-value stationary and semi-stationary targets through its highly effective 481 kg dual stage warhead system MEPHISTO.”
Taurus is the “only stand-off missile capable of being programmed for effect at a specific pre-selected floor,” the missile description says.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Chinese doctor shot dead in Karachi11:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Srha Asghar and husband announce pregnancy08:21 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022