Kulbhushan Jadhav case: India submits pleadings at ICJ
"The written pleadings to ICJ in Jadhav case involving egregious violation of Vienna Convention on Consular Relations by Pakistan is in furtherance of our Application filed before Court on May 8," the MEA said in a statement.
On May 8, a team of lawyers led by Harish Salve filed an application before the ICJ seeking the suspension of the death sentence awarded to Kulbhushan Sudhir Jadhav by the courts in Pakistan.
After hearing this application, the President of ICJ passed an order directing the stay of the death sentence.
The judicial body of the United Nations had earlier fixed time limits for the filing of the initial pleadings in the case.
The court had fixed June 13 and September 13 for India to file its documents, while Pakistan was given till December 13 to file counter-documents in the contentious Jadhav case. The order was made after taking into account the views of the parties, said an ICJ statement.
- Zulfi Bukhari reacts to leaked audio with Bushra Bibi09:01 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Sharjah takes Emirati, Arab culture to Latin America as Guadalajara ...08:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Britain's Daily Mail apologises to Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif over ...08:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Shoaib Malik refuses to comment on divorce rumours08:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Teaser of Hania Aamir's upcoming drama out now07:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022