'World's most dangerous bird' kills its owner
The bird was reportedly being kept at the property near Gainesville as a pet. It has since been secured at the site, the Miami Herald reported.
A cassowary is a large, flightless bird native to the tropical forests of New Guinea and north-eastern Australia.
It can grow up to 6ft tall and are described by San Diego Zoo as the most dangerous bird in the world due to their "dagger-like claws".
The organisation says: "The cassowary can slice open any predator or potential threat with a single swift kick.
A cassowary can also jump 7 feet into the air and run up to 31 mph.
The southern cassowary is considered endangered under Australia law and “vulnerable” on the International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List of Threatened Species.
- PSL 2021 – Lahore Qalandars win toss and elect to bowl first ...06:05 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan gets $3.17 billion debt relief from G-2005:51 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Watch — PTI MNA Ali Nawaz Awan caught hurling abuses at opposition ...05:46 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Lost Cause - Alizeh Shah is a Billie Eilish fan girl03:21 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021