Mahira Khan, Mansha Pasha remember Mashal Khan on his third death anniversary
Mashal Khan’s death in 2017 inspired thousands of social media tributes and celebrities including Mahira Khan, Mansha Pasha and Fatima Bhutto are still remembering him on his third death anniversary on Monday.
The student activist was lynched because he had been accused of committing blasphemy.
The Raees star shared a picture of Mashal on social media and wrote: “We failed you.”
Mansha, on the other hand, wrote, “Mashal Khan’s death reminds us of things that remain always true: That voices of reason are often met with loud and violent dissent. That some will justify violence by twisting ur words against you. And that you will be the one to live on, long after they are gone.”
Mashals Khans death reminds us of things that remain always true:— manshapasha (@manshapasha) April 13, 2020
That voices of reason are often met with loud and violent dissent. That some will justify violence by twisting ur words against you.
And that u will be the one to live on, long after they are gone.#MashalKhan
Renowned author Fatima Bhutto took to Instagram to honour Mashal.
She posted a picture of him, accompanied by a caption that read: “Shaheed Mashal Khan
For the brave and defiant are never forgotten.”
The 26-year-old was stripped, drubbed and shot by a gang made up mostly of students in April 2017. After this brutal torture, Khan was thrown from the second floor of his dormitory at Abdul Wali Khan university in the north-western city of Mardan.
Consequently, the court handed 25 persons jail sentence, five others multiple terms of life imprisonment, sentenced one person to death, while exonerating 26 others.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 69,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,483 confirmed ...10:19 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020