PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain suspended
LAHORE - The Emergency department of the Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC) has partially reopened for the emergent patients at night while the out-patient department (OPD) and indoor services remained suspended on the fourth consecutive day after lawyers’ violent attack on the hospital.
Addressing a press conference at PIC, the leaders of the Grand Health Alliance (GHA) including its Chairman Dr Suleman Haseeb, Dr Qasim Awan and others announcing the opening of the Emergency Department, said that doctors were not going on strike and started work in the Emergency department in the larger interest of the patients.
The complete functioning of the emergency department would be ensured within the next two days, the GHA leaders added.
Hundreds of patients are still deprived of several medical tests, including angiography and echocardiography which are critically important for heart patients before doctors can proceed with their treatment.
New medical equipment, machinery, furniture and other items have been supplied to the emergency ward.
In total, around 12,000 heart patients suffered severe hardships and 35 patients couldn’t undergo bypass, and angioplasty and angiography procedure of 250 patients was postponed due to the absence of doctors and paramedics from their duties.
The GHA has urged the enforcement of Health Professional Act immediately to ensure the safety of the doctors and other staffers in hospitals.
They said that cases should be registered against the lawyers involved in the ugly incident of attack on PIC under the Terrorism Act.
- Foodpanda Pakistan provides monetary assistance to their heroes ...10:32 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- OPPO donates Rs6.2 million for Prime Minister COVID-19 Relief Fund10:11 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: Over half a million applied to join Tiger force in just ...07:12 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- The World of Future Technology07:04 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Coronavirus: China mourns COVID-19 victims06:29 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Has Junoon's Salman Ahmad infected by COVID-19?03:54 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston hasn’t found self-isolating difficult, here's why03:48 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Money Heist Season 4 is out and the fans can't be happier!03:41 PM | 4 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 Google searches in Pakistan for 201906:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019