IHC restricts Naeem Bukhari from working as PTV Chairman
ISLAMABAD – The Islamabad High Court IHC on Thursday stopped Naeem Bokhari from working as Pakistan Television PTV Chairman.
Chief Justice Athar Minallah, while hearing a petition against the appointment, remarked that no reason was presented for granting relaxation in age requirement and referred the issue back to federal cabinet with the directive to examine the issue at earliest.
The court said it cannot go against the apex court’s ruling. The judge also sent a copy of the Supreme Court verdict to the cabinet.
The court also noted that the appointment had been made “prima facie in violation of the guidelines set by the Supreme Court”.
Naeem Bokhari gets key office at PTV 08:13 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – PTI lawyer and political adviser Shahzada Naeem Bokhari has been appointed as an independent director ...
The attorney general was not present despite the fact the court had issued him notice seeking assistance in the case.
Earlier in 2018, the Supreme Court declared Ataul Haq Qasmi’s appointment against the law. The court ordered the government to appoint a full-time managing director of PTV after fulfilling all legal, procedural and codal formalities strictly in accordance with the law.
Naeem Bokhari proposes ‘blackout’ for ... 01:14 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – The newly appointed chairman of Pakistan Television Naeem Bukhari said the opposition will not be ...
- Punjab to launch crackdown on religious hate literature11:38 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Govt to issue Sukuk bonds against Islamabad’s Fatima Jinnah Park: ...10:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Saudi Arabia, Morocco to receive ‘made in India’ Covid vaccine ...08:36 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Meera reveals the date of her wedding; who is she marrying?05:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021