Bilawal, Zardari not invited to Joe Biden's inauguration
KARACHI – United States president-elect Joe Biden has not invited any Pakistani leader, a representative for the Democratic Party said Wednesday.
Only the members of the Congress, along with their families and the state delegations, have been invited to the inauguration ceremony.
Earlier, it was reported that Peoples Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and former Pakistan president were invited to the oath-taking ceremony.
Pakistan Embassy spokesperson said that Ambassador Asad Majeed has received an invitation for the inauguration ceremony.
In a first for any US president, Trump impeached ... 10:50 AM | 14 Jan, 2021
WASHINGTON – Donald Trump became the first president in United States history to be impeached twice as House of ...
No other leader including Prime Minister Imran Khan has invited to the ceremony, he added.
Pakistan People’s Party leaders also dismissed the invitation rumours. Senator Farhatullah Babar speaking to British media said that no such invitation has been received.
Joe Biden’s inauguration is scheduled for January 20 on the West Front of the United States Capitol Building in Washington DC.
Biden’s win as US president confirmed amid ... 05:35 PM | 7 Jan, 2021
WASHINGTON – The US Congress has just confirmed President-elect Joe Biden's Electoral College victory over ...
- Prime suspect in Faisalabad sexual assault case publicly beaten up in ...06:57 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan lose early wickets in 187 run chase in second ...06:33 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Nawal Saeed wins hearts with new singing video05:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022