Naeem Bokhari proposes ‘blackout’ for opposition on PTV
ISLAMABAD – The newly appointed chairman of Pakistan Television Naeem Bukhari said the opposition will not be allowed to get equal coverage on the state-owned television.
Bokhari hints at the new restriction while speaking to media reporters. When a reporter asked the new chairman outside the Supreme Court building if the opposition would be given equal airtime on PTV, Mr Bukhari replied: “Not at all.”
He added not like any other channel, it is a state-run organisation and it would only represent the stance of the government.
On which the reporter questioned him, only government? “Yes, only government,” Mr Bukhari said.
On Monday, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting notified Mr Bukhari as chairman of Pakistan Television.
Naeem Bokhari gets key office at PTV 08:13 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – PTI lawyer and political adviser Shahzada Naeem Bokhari has been appointed as an independent director ...
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad tomorrow08:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand makes arrests over KFC meals smuggling07:46 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- KP plans separate Panagah units for transgender person07:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021