Naeem Bokhari proposes ‘blackout’ for opposition on PTV
ISLAMABAD – The newly appointed chairman of Pakistan Television Naeem Bukhari said the opposition will not be allowed to get equal coverage on the state-owned television.
Bokhari hints at the new restriction while speaking to media reporters. When a reporter asked the new chairman outside the Supreme Court building if the opposition would be given equal airtime on PTV, Mr Bukhari replied: “Not at all.”
He added not like any other channel, it is a state-run organisation and it would only represent the stance of the government.
On which the reporter questioned him, only government? “Yes, only government,” Mr Bukhari said.
On Monday, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting notified Mr Bukhari as chairman of Pakistan Television.
Naeem Bokhari gets key office at PTV 08:13 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
ISLAMABAD – PTI lawyer and political adviser Shahzada Naeem Bokhari has been appointed as an independent director ...
- Punjab junior tennis championship inaugurated by Rashid Malik11:11 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan remembers Kargil war hero Karnal Sher Khan on 23rd martyrdom ...10:47 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s Covid-19 positivity ratio drops to 3.45%09:59 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ali Tariq, Alizeh Shah tease fans about upcoming project08:35 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022