SnackVideo, Likee register with Pakistan's telecom sector regulator
Some social media companies have registered with the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) for the first time under the "Removal and Blocking of Unlawful Online Content (Procedure, Oversight and Safeguards) Rules, 2021".
These companies include Joyo Technology Pakistan Pvt Ltd and BIGO Service Pakistan Pvt Ltd, commonly known as the popular video-sharing applications Snack Video and Live/Likee, respectively.
According to a statement issued by the PTA on Friday, "significant social media companies are required to register with the PTA" under the aforementioned set of rules.
A ceremony was held at the PTA Headquarters in Islamabad for the registration process, where these companies were awarded registration certificates.
The event was attended by the PTA chairman, senior officials and members besides representatives of the newly registered companies.
The step has been taken in a bid to keep a check on the content shared on the video-sharing apps as well as to control any "morally inappropriate content" on the platforms.
SnackVideo and PUBG Hashtag Challenge was a ... 10:42 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
PUBG MOBILE, the leading gaming platform, recently collaborated with SnackVideo for the first time on a hashtag ...
- Punjab announces summer vacations for schools08:04 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Armed robbers rape teenage girl in front of father in Pattoki07:44 PM | 26 May, 2022
- No-trust motion against Balochistan CM Bizenjo ends in a flop show06:54 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi shares bold video to mark 40 million followers on ...06:40 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022