Teen boy climbs Britain’s highest peak in HIGH HEELS
Ben Conway took up the challenge of hiking up to the top of the highest mountain in the UK in high-heel shoes, as a way to stand out in an application for a scholarship for the School of Communication Arts in Brixton.
The first-time climber endured rain, gales and a rocky path to make it more than two-thirds of the way up Ben Nevis in stilettos before deciding to call it quits.
“I needed to think of something difficult to do and I also love drag culture. I have also been scouting for 13 years and the challenge sort of married the two,” Conway told The Scotsman. “I picked Ben Nevis because it is the biggest. I thought if I’m going to go for it, I’m going to go for it properly. It was all a bit spontaneous.”
Ben was joined on the epic hike by Callum MacKenzie Allen, a friend from his art foundation year who filmed the journey for a two-minute video for the application.
The pair were accompanied by a guide and started their ascent at 8am on June 27 before climbing for five hours to reach 900m.
Ben, who never climbed up a mountain before, says the experience has not put him off taking on another hiking challenge in high heels.
- Pakistan climate minister Sherry Rehman named among world's 25 most ...07:57 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Anti-narcotics official caught taking bribe on camera06:45 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Humaima Malick jumps onto ‘Mera Dil Ye Pukare Aaja’ bandwagon05:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022