"Make memes great again", Dank memers go to war against Facebook
The revolt, which incorporates some of Facebook's most popular comedy pages, plans to catch Facebook's attention in a show of disappointment with the social network's present policy enforcement system.
“I have gone through a lot of post blocks and seen a lot of friends getting into issues with losing their accounts or pages even over the most inoffensive posts like this picture of Drake as a n64 controller that got my post blocked,” said one of the revolt’s organizers, Devin Shire, in an interview with Breitbart Tech.
“Originally we only had my page Young Thugga La Meme, Everything Is A Social Construct, another page I admin Chair Memes, Digiannantonio Aesthetic, and Kevin 3 I believe, then we went reaching out to everybody we knew who had pages and had them reach out to every other page admin they knew,” he explained. “It was not easy trying to talk some pages into being apart of this because a lot of them feared the backlash they might receive from Facebook for trying to stand up for this issue.”
Since the revolt began, various other pages have additionally joined in, including "POLANDBALL," which has more than 300,000 likes, "I play KORN to my DMT plants, smoke blunts throughout the day and do sex stuff," which has more than 100,000 likes, and "I'm pitiful and I listen to Loveless consistently," which has more than 40,000 likes.
Most of the pages have changed their profile pictures to include a pink upside down Facebook logo, which is the icon of the revolt.
In July, a well known Facebook page called "Meninist," which had about 400,000 likes, was shut down for their profile photo of a man with a beard, just to be reestablished after Breitbart Tech got down on Facebook about the peculiar move.
Around the same time, a meme page taunting Democratic presidential competitor Hillary Clinton was likewise expelled, with Facebook referring an inoffensive joke picture as the purpose behind erasure.
In spite of the crackdown on innocuous and tame substance, Facebook has declined to manage genuine encroachments upon their policies.
The social network refused to remove a cartoon posted by the Black Panther Party of Mississippi's page in July that depicted a man in a dark robe and cover slitting the throat of a cop.
“We reviewed the post you reported for promoting graphic violence and found it doesn’t violate our Community Standards,” said Facebook after the image was reported by numerous users.
“I think attempting to censor people in these ways is very counterproductive,” said Shire. “I think they believe this is gonna help discourse on these social media sites, but I think this is hurting them in the long run.”
A list of some of the known pages to be taking part in the revolt can be seen below:
Nihilist Memes (1 million) - https://www.facebook.com/nihilistmemes/?fref=ts
The Best of Starter Pack Memes (618K) - https://www.facebook.com/StartPackMemes/?fref=ts
Unusual Horror (398K) - https://www.facebook.com/UnusualHorror/?fref=ts
POLANDBALL (312K) - https://www.facebook.com/polandball/?fref=ts
I don’t like shit I don’t go outside (204K) - https://www.facebook.com/stillidlesuicidal/?fref=ts
- Pakistan reaches 30m Covid vaccination milestone12:28 PM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PAKvWI: Pakistan, West Indies lock horns today in third T20I11:51 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Afghan Taliban capable of combating Daesh in Afghanistan: Qureshi11:34 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PMLN’s Ahsan Iqbal contracts coronavirus again10:28 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran to answer public's questions via phone today09:58 AM | 1 Aug, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021